Clinical excellence should be a core value of any medical school. In order to achieve greatness in this area, it is essential to partner with valuable and knowledgeable clinical leaders in the community.
- NSU’s medical school is actively recruiting innovative and respected physician leaders who practice in our community to help shape our curriculum and serve as advisors, educators, and mentors to our future students
- Our leadership team and culture is built with a philosophy of responsiveness, openness, transparency, and camaraderie, values which are synonymous with the millennial generation
- Our first priority will be shaping our students into physician leaders prepared to ethically and enthusiastically treat tomorrow’s health care challenges
- The classroom is the clinic at NSU. Spending more time learning directly from experienced community physicians, rather than in the classroom, allows students to learn about various specialties and sub-specialties of medicine and the specific challenges and opportunities in each field
- NSU will soon be home to one of only two teaching and research hospitals on a university campus in all of Florida
- Located in the heart of Broward County on NSU’s Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus, HCA East Florida’s 200-bed-hospital will provide easy highway and airport access and far-reaching benefits for patients who live in South Florida and those who will travel from outside of the area to receive comprehensive care from a university-based teaching hospital.
- The hospital will be integrated with NSU’s clinics, research centers, and clinical trials, allowing patients to receive the latest protocols and treatments and medical students and faculty to learn and practice in an engaging and forward-thinking medical community.